Monday, August 1, 2011

This has been a wonderful, great, spiritual week. Sister Tanodra, is such an amazing missionary. I admire her so much. I have had some strong companionships in the past, but this companionship is incredible. we really have clicked, and our lessons are super spiritual. We have been EXACTLY obedient, and the fruit of it in incredible. I feel the spirit every minute of the day. Not only when we teach or study, but when we're eating, walking, talking with each other. We have created an environment where the spirit has felt comfortable to dwell with us, during all hours of the day. We experienced something last Saturday, that will stand as a witness to me to always invite the spirit in my life, and be able to show it in my countenance. Everywhere we went, other people were the ones to confront us. While walking side by side, people would stop and say, who are you two? In the Trycie, a fellow passenger couldn't stop staring at us. She asked what we were, and if she could join in with us. We asked to get directions of the side of the road, and ended up sharing a bit about our purpose, and gave the women a pass-a-long card. When we looked around us, a good number of 5 or 6 people had drawn near us, eager to hear what we had to say. Then asked if they could have a pamphlet as well. It was rather shocking, the reactions of people to us. Usually being American, you can attract attention, but this type of attention felt different. It wasn't a "hey whats your name" or hey Joe Comment, they sincerely wanted to know what we were. I know the spirit had imparted on everyone we were around, and that feeling was something that they wanted to feel again. I am so happy and grateful to God for this opportunity to be companions with Sister Tanodra. I feel like we can be the type of missionaries Ammon or the Sons of Mosiah were. I feel in my heart we are going to have a lot of success together.
Thank you!
Sister Hancock.

No comments:

Post a Comment