Monday, August 22, 2011

Dear President,
I enjoyed working this week with Sister Tanodra. We pushed through the rain, and saw a lot of miracles. The down fall was not many of our investigators went to church. Although we are focusing on getting all of them there, and teaching the importance of sabbath day observance to many.
One great miracle we saw, was with Erlinda Pontenoza. 2 weeks ago, she told us life just got to hard and she couldn't listen to us anymore. She has to sort out her problems, and it may be a long time before she's interested in the church again. It was heart breaking to us, but sister and I started an immediate special fast for her that she would come to her sense, and feel the urge to come back to church. For 2 weeks, she was always mentioned in our prayers. We never gave up hope. Last Sunday we prayed early that morning, to prompt Erlinda to go to church. When we walked into the chapel that Sunday morning, we saw her sitting on the back row. I felt so much gratitude in my heart I almost dropped to my knees and thank God right then and there, but not wanting to cause a scene so I just waited until later. It stands as a firm testimony to me of the power of Fasting and Praying. God does listen and answer prayers. He is so mindful of each one of his children.
President, I have really enjoyed my time with Sister Tanodra. She is an incredible missionary. She is like my ideal companion. 100% obedient, she actually studies during study hours, and our companionship is so strong. I've never been in such a caring relationship before. I care so much about her, its made me want to be a better person for her. Our studying time is extremely effective. You may not believe this, but every topic that was discussed at mission tour, we actually studied in our companionship studies. It took us by surprise. For example we studied about receiving revelation in D&C 138 and about Faith in Jacob 4:6 and just about everything Elder Neilson talked about, was previously discussed together. We joked about it after that we received the revelations that Elder Neilson was going to revelate to us.
Yeah, our companion studies are super effective. We focus a lot in our studying on investigators questions and concerns. We just picked up this new investigator, who has investigated the church for over 20 years. She has read anti mormon lit and has stumped missionaries for years. We are seeing a mighty change in her. We told her we'd be happy to answer all her questions if she abides by our rules. 1.) She stops reading false internet comments and starts reading the scriptures 2.) We only talk about one question at a time.
Before we go, we have thoroughly studied out the topic, and address it in such a way that is undeniable. I feel like we are Captain Moroni teaching and the gates of hell are shaking in our lesson. All confusion is swept away, and this investigator is starting to see the light, from the dark hole she dug herself into. Its wonderful to be able to help people, and see them progress.
I'm loving my mission, and couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you!
Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment