Monday, April 4, 2011

Anyway, Naga is awesome. great ward, big area, and an upgraded apartment. Naga is pure Bicol, yet they can understand Tagalog. Although I have met some, who even if they understand tagalog, Bicol is the only language that comes out. So Its fun to try and understand the Bicol they speak back at me. I've been in the Bicol (naga dialect) region for almost 5 months. Its mostly all I’ve heard at church, and outside. I haven't been able to find a Bicol dictionary anywhere, they say they don't make one, because the Bicol dialect changes in other areas. So the best I can do, is make my own dictionary. I ask every one to tell me what Tagalog words are in Bicol. I can understand it, I pray in it, although I mostly speak Tagalog, because my companion doesn't want to get confused with another language. Which is understandable, she has to focus on tagalog and English, while having a Samoan tongue. Although last night, I went on splits with Sister Go, who has been studying Bicol, so the whole night we talked to others in Bicol. :) First time I "conversationally" replied in Bicol. I was incredibly happy about that.

We are pretty much opening this Area, so we have done LOADS of tracting. Last night was awesome though. Sister Go and I worked so hard. We tracted all evening, It felt like we had contacted the entire city. Everyone was pretty busy, and had no time for the gospel. Rejection, rejection, rejection. Although our spirits stayed high. We just kept in mind, just one more person willing to listen, that's all we want. Door after door, the evening grew darker. Dark enough, that most missionaries had probably retired for the night. Although, we just had a feeling there was one more person. We saw a lady outside holding a baby, so we decided to talk to her. She didn't seem too interested, although a women ran out of the house we were standing in front of, and immediately invited us in. She was so intrigued by our message about Jesus Christ. We invited her to pray and the close of our conversation. She thanked God for sending her 2 messengers to help her in her right then in her life, and she knew we were coming from Him. The spirit was so incredibly strong. I haven't seen someone that willing to listen to the gospel, in a long time. I've been praying a lot, to help God guide us to those who are prepared to receive the gospel. I'm so grateful God lead us to that women. In the midst of rejection and darkness, I'm so glad we didn't give up. That was the trial of my faith. To be able to hold on the entire evening, or entire week rather, to prove to God my faith in Him, before he answered my prayer.

"Faith is things hoped for and not seen; wherefore dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." Ether 12:6.

Its interesting I teach about Faith everyday, thinking if people had faith, they could make it to church, although I now see the reverse, in the missionaries faith. Many times I have recited James 2 to others, about faith without works is dead. Although I now see it so apparent in what I'm doing. God is willing to grant us our requests in our prayer, just sometimes we need to put forth the right amount of diligent effort to find the answer.

I had some incredible experiences at the start of lest week, although last night was fresh in my mind, and it looks like I only have time to share that. I hope next week I can update you on the other experiences I had.

Anyway, God is good. I testify that He personally knows each one of his children. I'm grateful that I get to witness how God reaches out every single one.

Lub ya,

Sis. Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment