Monday, July 4, 2011

Hi Family!
Another great, fast, spiritual week just flew by. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Best calling EVER. Even though sometimes its super hard, and way to many concerns of people to balance, somehow God just keeps helping us do the impossible.
Last Saturday, RAYMOND got BAPTIZED! I am super duper happy about this. Like stoked. He deserved the truth more than anyone. I do have to admit though, I cried waterfalls last night over one of my sweet investigators, that reminds me of Raymond (2 months back). I just keep on meeting these people who are so worthy and deserving of the gospel in their life, but their situations seem so hindering to them. Raymond lives in a home, with no a drunkard father, no mother, abusive persecuting older brothers, miles and miles away from Church, yet somehow every week breaks out of his broken home to walk all the way to church. Yesterday, speaking with him, he said his Baptism and Sunday morning when he received the Holy Ghost, was the first time in his life that he experienced true happiness. He just kept saying over and over, I just can't believe it. I feel like jumping and grinning all the time. Even though he gets persecuted, their comments just bounce off him. He was radiating yesterday. I testified that his feeling right then is my role as a missionary. I want each person to feel that real happiness, and we are there to help people go through the steps to get to that point of true happiness. He felt that way, because he was free from sin, and following Jesus Christ. As members of the church, we can always feel that simple innocent happiness like after Baptism. Repentance gives us that "Baptized Again Feeling." Being worthy to have the Holy Ghost dwell with us. I feel that way every day in my mission, and each time if entered the temple. We hold our own happiness here on Earth, depends directly on us if we get our lives in line to feel the Spirit.
Anyway, back to my investigator, Sister Nilo. I love her SO much. I met her about 2 months ago, sitting on a curb smoking. I felt the spirit right when I saw her, and knew I needed to talk to her. She seemed not very interested and rather shy to talk to us. She has a sister that is Mormon, and knows that smoking is not in line with our standards. We asked her if we could visit with her sometime. She didn't want to tell us where she lived, and preferred her to contact us if she wanted us to come. So we gave her a pass a long card, and went on our way. Well, that next week, we didn't hear from her, and had no contact information except a name. Well, another week past and still hadn't heard from her. So, being the bold persistent type, I felt like we needed to go find her. So we returned to the spot we found her, and asked everyone if they had met anyone by our description. A couple guessing games later, we finally... found.. her... home. When we knocked and she opened, she looked pretty surprised to see us 2 missionaries again. That was the beginning of the next spiritual 2 months we would spent teaching her and her family.
Sister Nilo is our investigator I wrote about a few months back, that cried after the first prayer she gave, once after learning how to truly pray. Last night, after she prayed, we found her again in tears, just confessing over and over, "...I know its true...It all is...This is the true church" She compared herself to some of the testimonies she heard earlier at sacrament...Coming from all our recent converts. That was an incredible site to see yesterday. Seeing each one of your converts, walk themselves up to the pulpit, and give a strong convicted testimony of this restored gospel. It showed their true conversion. It showed the spirit in our work. How could 3 devoted people, coming from Eglacia ni Cristo, Catholic, and Sisters of Mary School, all believe on our words, that this is the true church? Our words could just look like another opinion, or just information.. and that's all it is unless there is the spirit involved. I want to talk about this spirit a little more. Because it is so vital, in why we are all members of this church. These 3 converts, coming from what ever sect, all received the same witness from the spirit that this is Gods only true church. I cannot teach with Jesus Christ, nor can I teach with God the Father, but I can teach with the 3rd member of the God Head, God the Spirit. He can be there in each lesson testifying on my words. It is through his help, that millions around the world, are receiving their own witness that Jesus is the Christ, and this is His Restored Church.
- Sister Hancock 

No comments:

Post a Comment