Monday, April 19, 2010

Hoy Pamilya! Kumusta po kayo?

Tell everyone hi for me and thank you so much for the packages. My camera works great and I loved kylies drawings. I love the plant too!!!!!! Made me very happy… and what??? Dana is getting married? Like officially? Give me more info. Oh and tell her that My new roommate is Kinzie Lawler. I guess they were friends up at Utah state. Be sure to thank Grandma and Aunt Kim for the letters. I am sorry I don’t have much time to write even you guys, I’m sure I will be able to write more in the field.
Life here is good. Sometimes I have a hard time concentrating but I try to force myself. My schedule usually consists of waking up at 6:30 (not 6 anymore because sleep is more valuable than exercising.) Eat breakfast at 7:00, have class 7:30 until 11:30 then eat lunch then go to gym for an hour and then back to class for 4 hours, then an hour of personal language study, 2 hours of personal study and then an hour of companion study. Firesides on Tuesdays and then large group meetings on Thursdays. 2 days ago we had a 6 hours class shift and everyone was falling asleep. My teacher told us to try and stay awake. We went outside and played memory games for the language
There aren’t very many vegetarian options here. In fact the first night I didn’t even know there were other options and they served me chicken cordon bleu. I had a bite of it because I was starving. I felt like I wanted to die. But soon enough I found out I could make a buffet salad. the main entrĂ©es all have meat in them, so pretty much all I eat ALL the time is processed store bread and iceberg lettuce.
They opened up the field so we can go outside for gym. I like it a lot. There is a bunch of elders that go play softball. Usually I’ve been the only sister there playing with them. I have to say at first I was a little worried because this past winter I had a dream I forgot how to throw. But when I started to play it was all good. I play outfield and its just a riot. I loved it because now all the elders want me on their team because I don’t let anything drop on the ground. I sure miss softball. I’m glad I played when I did.
So today a district in my zone is leaving. Kind of sad because I got to be good friends with all of them. There are 10 of them. 4 are going to Naga to I will see them in about 6 weeks. I will send pictures home so you can see everyone. which reminds me. I could probably write more if I had stamped letters to send home.
Spiritual things happen everything every day here. I wish I had more time to share them all. I’m so glad that I sold alarms and phone sales though. I can tell that its going to help me a lot. I will write a letter about why, I just don’t have time to do it now. I’m sorry.
I have to go now… so sorry!
I will write. I hope!
Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment